Quote:

Live, Laugh, Love!

About Me

My photo
I'm Nicole but I preferred to be called Nikki. I'm at freshman at Salem State and am majoring in Special Education and psychology. I have always wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a little kid. I love kids and being around them is always a good thing. I babysit quite often and enjoy every second. Anything you want to know, feel free to ask! :]

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Philosophy in Education

Philosophy in Education: There are many different example of philosophy in education. I choose to look at Humanism. Humanism states that there should be kindness and respect towards everyone, and in the classroom the children should all receive appropriate instruction when it comes to learning things outside of the classroom. It says that the kids should not be forced to learn and that they will learn what they need to learn in time. It also says that the kids do not need to be judged by the teachers and that they should be allowed more freedom when it comes to judging the work that they have done, and the grades that they have received.

I agree and disagree with this philosophy. I agree with this because I do think that the students should be given more freedom when it comes to making choices that affect them and that helps me achieve their goals later on, but I also believe that all throughout school the students need the teachers to be there to guide them and give them direction when it is needed. That's how we learn, but listening to others and watching what others have done.

It seems that if the kids had more of a say over their own education then a lot of them might start to enjoy it more than they do now. I think that because instead of being forced to do it, it shows that they want to do it, and they may even ask for help more because it shows that they are doing this for them and not someone else.

The environment when it comes to Humanism has to do with both indoors and outdoors. I think that there should be outdoors involved in the school but a lot of the education should be done in a classroom where the teacher is the one teaching and the children are sitting and listening.

No comments: