Quote:

Live, Laugh, Love!

About Me

My photo
I'm Nicole but I preferred to be called Nikki. I'm at freshman at Salem State and am majoring in Special Education and psychology. I have always wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a little kid. I love kids and being around them is always a good thing. I babysit quite often and enjoy every second. Anything you want to know, feel free to ask! :]

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Friedrich Froebel

Everyone experiences Kindergarden in their life. It is the first real experience of school that we as humans have. The name Kindergarden stands for a place where children are able to interact with nature and also a place where they can grow up. In 1837 Froebel moved to Bad Blankenburg and that is where he established his first Kindergarden also known at Play and Activity Institute before he renamed it to Kindergarden in 1840. Froebel's Kindergarden has three main parts for it. There were toys where the kids could play, there were games and dance activities for them to get the health that they needed and observing and nurturing plans in the gardens oso that the children grew up aware of the natural world. Friedrich introduced gardens and thought that the students should participate in growing, harvesting and preparing nutritious produce. This showed the children the connection between food, health and the environment. I think that Froebel did a good job in allowing the children to grow in many different ways, and the different activities that were used throughout the classroom allowed the children to get used to different things and to experience different types of activities and different senses that they have.

No comments: