Quote:

Live, Laugh, Love!

About Me

My photo
I'm Nicole but I preferred to be called Nikki. I'm at freshman at Salem State and am majoring in Special Education and psychology. I have always wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a little kid. I love kids and being around them is always a good thing. I babysit quite often and enjoy every second. Anything you want to know, feel free to ask! :]

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why People Teach?

There is no specific reason why people teach. In fact there are many different reasons depending on the person. Some people might want to make a difference in a child's life and there for decide that teaching is the best way to do that, or someone may love being around children and they decided that a career where they are always around children would be the best for them. There is no right or wrong answer to why people teach? A teacher isn't just someone who stands in the front of the classroom and drills facts into a students head. A teacher becomes something much more to those students. They become someone they look up to and trust. A teacher becomes a role model for those children that he or she is around.

I believe that not anyone can just become a teacher. It's a tough job and you really have to want it. It's a lot of work, but in the end the reward is far beyond worth it. It's a long process to get there but in the end it is going to be worth it, and you (the teacher) will finally be making an impact in someone else's life. An you'll be able to watch the students grow as you are with them.

Information was gotten by: http://www.helium.com/items/754635-why-do-teachers-want-to-teach

No comments: